CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

"MOM" Language

MY MOM MISSES THE KIDS!!!

At least this is what Hun tells me. He spoke to her last night on the phone and she actually said,

"I miss the kids"

For those of you who have not been paying attention - my parents, were up until two weeks ago, living in our house while their house was under construction. For sixteen months, they were surrounded by three adorable and pride inducing Grandchildren.

For the past two weeks, the closest thing I heard to "I miss the kids" was the frequently asked question, "do the kids ask about us?"

This is because, my parents don't really come out and say it like it is, when it comes to expressing emotions and feelings.

Growing up, if my Mom said,

"Come here, let me pinch your
tushie,"

we knew, that loosely translated, she meant "I love you".

Now a days, if she says, "(sigh) you are too old for me to pinch your
tushie,"

we know, that loosely translated, she means "I love you".

So for her to come out and actually say "I miss the kids", is a HUGE deal. She lives only about eight blocks away, but due to the cold and scheduling conflicts and the fact that she is spending her time replacing everything back into her home, we have not really seen each other for some time.

Of course, when I would stop by with Ate the summer before they moved in to our home, unannounced, while the older two were in camp, she would always say,

"I didn't invite you, why are you intruding into my life?"

Which loosely translated means,

"I love you".

Over the years I got used to "MOM" language, but I am happy to see she is finally speaking plain English.

Because I think that, "I miss the kids," loosely translated means,



"I miss the kids".

1 have shown Orah a little love:

Shosh said...

its nice that you are able to translate instead of geting upset, like many people would